1. Providing an opportunity for undergraduates or graduates to learn about Eight Precepts and experience the benefits in observing the Eight Precepts.
2. To propagate the right concepts and methods of Amitabha Recitation.
Undergraduates or graduates between 18 and 45 years old
9~10 March 2012 (Fri~Sat)
Venue: Multi Purpose Hall (the 5th floor of Than Hsiang Temple)
Fee: Donation as you wish
Closing Date: 3 March 2012
**Registration: 9 March 2012, 6.30pm~7.30pm
**Full day observation of precepts
**Activity ends at 10pm
**The retreat is conducted in Mandarin.
While the cultivation is a one-day program, the Eight Precepts have to be taken for twenty-four hours.
The Eight Precepts are:
i. Refrain from harming living beings;
ii. Refrain from taking that which is not given;
iii. Refrain from sexual activity;
iv. Refrain from incorrect speech;
v. Refrain from taking intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness;
vi. Refrain from eating at improper times;
vii. Refrain from dancing, singing, music, shows, and wearing garlands, using perfumes and beautifying with cosmetics;
viii. Refrain from the use of high and luxurious seats and beds.
The Lord Buddha laid down the Eight Precepts to enable the laity to experience for one day and one night the cultivation as done by the Sangha. Please be prepared with your own Hai Ching (black robe) if you have it. For those who are interested, please summit your complete application form to Than Hsiang Temple or Kalyana Mitra. Should you have any enquiries, please contact:
1. Than Hsiang Temple: 04-641 4822, ext 2100 (Sis Yek Ming)
2. Kalyana Mitra Home: 012-5733816 (Sis. Siew Hooi), 012-7926909 (Bro. Wei Rong)
3. Than Hsiang Youth Group: 012-4337160 (Bro. Zhi Qun)
Than Hsiang Temple
132, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah,
11900 Bayan Lepas,
Tel: 604-641 4822
Fax: 604-642 1896
USM Kalyana Mitra Home,
32, Lengkok Sg. Dua,
Jalan Sungai Dua,
TAR College Kalyana Mitra Home,
22, Lorong Lembah Permai 7,
11200 Penang, Malaysia.